Monday, July 2, 2012

First 10K Run!

I did it! I ran 10 kilometres! I completed it in 1:06:27 with about 95% running and a few 1 minute walks thrown in. I am feeling so invigorated that I could achieve this, just 6 months after starting this journey of having a healthier life. In December I started the Ease into 5k app on my phone, which begins with run intervals of 45 seconds. It's safe to say at the end of those 45 seconds I thought I was going to die! But slowly, and steadily as I ran more, the time I could run for increased to 3 minutes at a time, then 6 minutes and so on. This type of interval training is a brilliant way to gradually build up fitness, whilst still challenging you (and your mind!). So bring on the 10K Fun Run in just over 4 weeks time. By then I'll be running the entire thing and in much better time! And after that, it's triathlon time and next year I'm looking forward to doing my first half marathon!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment